Start working on your scholarship and financial aid applications early! Use this area as a starting point for information, forms, and links to web sites that can help with your research.
If you missed the Financial Aid presentation that took place on September 27, 2016, you can find the slide show presentation that they used here. Click here for the presentation in English, Click here for the presentation in Spanish. Start the financial process EARLY! Learn about Cal-Grants, loans, and scholarships, and other financial aid programs. Questions about the presentation? Contact Saul Ruiz at (408)201-6100, ext. 40515.
- Reference Letter Request Form – Seniors, complete this form to give teachers the additional information they need to write a supportive reference letter for you. Be sure to allow plenty of time to obtain reference letters (if required by the college you are applying to).
- Live Oak Common Scholarship Application – Seniors, submitting the Live Oak Common Scholarship Application automatically makes you a candidate for many local scholarships (without the need to apply for each individually). Applications are due the second Friday in December.
- Fund Your Future – Order a copy or pick one up at the counseling office. This brochure is a wealth of financial aid information from California student Aid Commission.
- Latest Scholarship Information from the Career Center – A Scholarship binder is maintained at the College and Career Center and contains the latest information on available scholarships. Check the binder often and apply for all you are qualified for. Many scholarships go unclaimed because no one applies for them.
- Resources for Grants and Loans – Check out other useful websites for information on the financial aid process, including criteria for receiving government grants and loans.
- Resources for Scholarships – Look into what scholarships you may be uniquely qualified for. Browse additional databases for more scholarship opportunities.